We would like to welcome you to the website of the Institute of Medical Molecular Genetics (IMMG). You will find on these pages information about our research projects, training and teaching activities, as well as genetic testing for human diseases.
Please use the navigation bars and links to access the respective content you are interested in. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting us.
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Polar Body Diagnostics (PBD) & Preimplantation Diagnostics (PID)
- PBD is a highly specialized method for genetic testing in reproductive medicine. We have more than 11 years of experience with PBD for monogenic human diseases (more information).
- Since September 2017, the genetic analysis of embryos is also possible in Switzerland, but restricted to specific monogenic diseases. Our institute is also offering PID and has an approval for this kind of analyses from the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) in Switzerland.
- We offer projects for students to be carried out in our lab for 4-12 weeks. For topics please visit the respective pages of the website (Research).
- The Institute of Medical Molecular Genetics is an approved training center for specialists in medical-genetic analysis (FAMH). This training is a prerequisite to supervise labs which offer genetic testing service.
- We offer projects for Master, Diploma and Bachelor students in the field of human molecular genetics of eye diseases, disorders of the blood vessel system, as well as skin and connective tissue diseases.