We would like to welcome you to the website of the Institute of Medical Molecular Genetics (IMMG). You will find on these pages information about our research projects, training and teaching activities, as well as genetic testing for human diseases.
Please use the navigation bars and links to access the respective content you are interested in. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting us.
Message to our clients, referring doctors, suppliers and visitors
In line with Swiss Government measures and University regulations, our Institute will be closed to the public due to the current corona virus pandemic. For urgent matters, please call our secretariat on +41 44 556 3350 or email email@example.com . We will attend to your requests but there may be a delay. We kindly ask for your understanding and patience.
Samples and test orders are still accepted. However, for the time being, no analyses will be carried out in the laboratory, with the exception of prenatal genetic testing and pre-implantation diagnostic tests (PGT-M and PGT-A).
Couriers and suppliers
If you cannot reach anyone at the institute at Wagistrasse 12, 2nd floor, 8952 Schlieren, please put your deliveries in the large letterbox next to the main entrance. Staff members of the institute will pick up delivered items on a regular basis.
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Polar Body Diagnostics (PBD) & Preimplantation Diagnostics (PID)
- PBD is a highly specialized method for genetic testing in reproductive medicine. We have more than 11 years of experience with PBD for monogenic human diseases (more information).
- Since September 2017, the genetic analysis of embryos is also possible in Switzerland, but restricted to specific monogenic diseases. Our institute is also offering PID and has an approval for this kind of analyses from the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) in Switzerland.
- We offer projects for students to be carried out in our lab for 4-12 weeks. For topics please visit the respective pages of the website (Research).
- The Institute of Medical Molecular Genetics is an approved training center for specialists in medical-genetic analysis (FAMH). This training is a prerequisite to supervise labs which offer genetic testing service.
- We offer projects for Master, Diploma and Bachelor students in the field of human molecular genetics of eye diseases, disorders of the blood vessel system, as well as skin and connective tissue diseases.